DEDICATED TO EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
George Chimento and Robert Webb are each former partners in large downtown Boston firms who, in 2014, left their positions to co-found Chimento & Webb, P.C. They focus solely on ERISA, executive compensation, and employee benefits.
Both Rob and George are ranked as Leader in their Field by Chambers, the international rating system used by general counsel here and abroad. Each has the highest Martindale Hubbell rating.
The Firm counsels officers, executives, compensation committees, and boards. We work well with referring professionals, because we value the client knowledge they bring to the engagement.
The Firm’s attorneys are known for:
- Expertise in design and administration of benefit plans, including health plans (insured and self-insured), 401(k), 403(b), 457, defined benefit, ESOPs, cafeteria, HSA/HRA programs and other fringe benefits
- The necessary sophistication to deal with high level senior executives, boards, committees, and financial advisors, and mastery of difficult tax statutes, like 280G, 3121(v), and 409A
- Special expertise in guiding the pre-transaction process, which may involve development of change in control arrangements, renegotiation of compensation contracts, and the diplomacy needed when dealing with persons who may be terminated in the transaction
- Thoughtful advice to investment committees and trustees for typical investment and also for private placements involving assets here and abroad
- Creativity when addressing the special liabilities employers incur when contributing to multiemployer pension plans
Click below to learn more about the Firm’s attorneys