The firm consults and drafts plan documents and employee materials for a wide range of health and welfare benefits, including major medical arrangements (insured and self-insured), cafeteria (with and without flex accounts), dependent care, long-term care and group life insurance. The Affordable Care Act is a big part of the practice.
- Preparation of health plan, integrated HRA, and cafeteria documentation in use at NYSE-listed company with 8,000 employees.
- Determination for various affiliated businesses (corporate and partnership) whether they should be aggregated for determining if they are “applicable large employers” under the ACA.
- Review and revision of high deductible health plan with HSA arrangement, cafeteria plan, and HIPAA documentation in use at NYSE-listed company with 12,000 employees.
- Obtained federal waiver of ACA annual limits requirement so that a large NYSE-listed employer could continue to offer a popular low cost health plan option to its workforce.
- Preparation of omnibus health & welfare benefit plan, and related full cafeteria documentation in use at 700 person medical group.
- Representation of large self-insured health plan in dispute with medical providers related to charges for out of network fees
- Preparation of omnibus health & welfare plan, and related full cafeteria documentation in use at 2,000 employee tax-exempt hospital
- Conversion of insured plan of 100 employee company to a self-insured plan in order that employer, with hard to insure population, could avoid unaffordable state insurance mandates and cope with Medicare secondary rules.
- Preparation of omnibus health & welfare plan, and related full cafeteria documentation in use at 2,200 employee bank.
- Representation of 19 person company in dispute with terminated employee who had not been provided proper Massachusetts “mini-COBRA” notices and rights.